Tuesday 2 July 2013

Rainbow Cat


How did it suddenly become July?

This is my little Rainbow Cat.

I like her expression. I love that she is staring into the lens.

What makes this a really good photo however is the light. Photography, nearly always about the light. Take a pic in the first or last couple of hours of sunlight, and it will be a much better photo than in the middle of the day. Softer light. No harsh shadows.

Do you think about light when you take photos?

Linking up with Trish's wordless wednesday.


9 comments:

  1. It is a great photo you are right. I think about light all the time when taking photos. Only I tend to think I wish I knew how to take advantage of the light to make for better photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful photo. Well worth framing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is gorgeous. I try to use light but getting the kids to cooperate and having the light right are tow separate things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a great shot!!!!! I love it!! My daughter never stares at the lens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really try to but it's not always possible to get the kids out at those times. I have to say I took some amazing photos at sunset on the beach the other day and it really was all abou the light xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great Rainbow Cat.
    I have never thought about the "Light" when taking a photo...now that you mention it that so makes sense!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I know about light is that it's best to have the subject looking in to it - but then again it's not always that easy :) Cute pic !

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a great photo, it's all about the eyes looking straight at me. I love the hue that late afternoon light puts on everything, i love how my garden looks in summer just before the sunsets.

    ReplyDelete