The number of followers on my blog has increased by more than a whopping 10% this week. Considering the meagre number of followers this is probably not too impressive to most people, but makes me really happy anyway.
So to celebrate, I thought I would do a bit of shameless self promotion and list my top 5 posts of 2011
1. Sweet Poison - This is my post where I decided to give up sugar for a bit about a month. I was pretty successful, and didn't give into temptation much at all, but unfortunately had a really nasty flu during it which meant that I was unable to eat for about 3 weeks anyway. I lost a couple of kilos during it, but don't know whether that was just due to not being able to eat rather than no sugar. Since starting to eat normally again though, I have managed to put the weight back on plus a couple more kilos for luck. However, after the flu I was feeling much less tired when I woke up in the mornings and I suspect that this was due to lack of sugar. I would definitely like to cut down on sugar this year, but probably wouldn't cut it out altogether.
2. Which Brazilian would Madame like today? - This was a follow up to my story about deciding to get a Brazilian wax when I was 29 and feeling like a frumpy mum. It seemed to really resonate with people, either people who were big fans of waxing, or people who had thought about it, but didn't quite want to go there for whatever reason.
3. Sweet, Sweet Igloo - In complete contrast to giving up sugar, we did a project as a family to build an Igloo out of sugar cubes, which is something that my middle boy Rock really wanted to do. I bought the cubes and made the icing and my husband the engineer was the team leader in design and construction with 2 little boy helpers. Our little girl was chief taste tester. It was difficult, but really fun and satisfying to complete :)
4. Not another Halloween Post - This seemed to resonate with a lot of people, that we like the idea of celebrating something like Halloween, but don't want to blindly adopt and American Holiday.
5. Pink Tutu Headband - This was one of my few creative posts. I have made quite a lot of things this year, but for some reason don't get around to blogging about them.
Ok, enough self-promotion, I am linking up with Jess at Diary of a SAHM for I blog on Tuesdays.