Tuesday 2 August 2011

Silver Lining?

It seems that our family has been struck down by the plague flu. Last week was incredibly unpleasant with everyone being sick to some degree. Listless little boys who had fevers and sore legs so they couldn't walk; a little girl with croup; husband with symptoms that luckily didn't deteriorate; and then on Thursday it managed to get me. I haven't been so sick for a very long time. Luckily my MIL arrived the same day, so I spent a few days indulgently bedridden. Yesterday was the first day since then that I didn't have a fever and wasn't seeing double.  It was my darling sweet Rocket's 7th birthday yesterday, and I was so grateful that even though I was not 100% better, I was at least better enough to pretend!

On the up side, I haven't been tempted by sugar. In fact food hasn't been appealing at all! I have managed to lose those nasty extra kilos in a week. Papa bear says that this isn't actually a good thing (seeing as it is due to being sick), but I'll take what I can get.
 

2 comments:

  1. Got to find the positives somewhere! Sounds absolutely awful at your house! So glad you've had the mother in law around to help. Missed you today at playgroup. Hope you are all better in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sick children is bad enough but sick children when you are feeling unwell - ughh. Good to hear you are on the mend and the birthday was a success.

    ReplyDelete